Twitter

Yes. I succumbed to keeping people updated. I added Twitter to my list of internety, mindless activities. You can find me (and the band) up on Twitter now. Just click on Twitter. Get that? Twitter. Such a strange word, Twitter. I like that it's not really a social networking site, and I can keep people updated via my mobile. So plz to check it out. It's slightly stupid (just to warn you).

In athletically minded notes, the Tour de France is interesting this year. Lots of doping stories coming out of the tour because they are testing for drugs everyday. It's a good thing, but portrays the sport in a bad way unfortunately. Hopefully people see that cycling is a sport where they are actually trying to do something about it. The latest cyclist caught is in this ESPN story if you care: Ricardo Ricco. He was an exciting, upcoming rider, but a cocky little bastard. Apparently, he was up and coming for a reason.

In musical notes, the Beck album is phenomenal. I would recommend it highly. Some of my favorite "purchases" this year (no particular order):

1. Beck - Modern Guilt (2008)
2. Cut/Copy - In Ghost Colors (2008)
3. The Secret Machines - No Here is Nowhere (2004)
4. Portishead - Third (2008)
5. Nick Cave + Warren Ellis - The Assassination of Jess James....Soundtrack (2007)
6. Mates of State - Rearrange Us (2008)
7. Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs (2008)
8. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago (2008)
9. Coldplay - Viva la Vida (2008)
10. Radiohead - In Rainbows - From the Basement Videos (2008)

Twitter
(so stupid )

-r

No comments:

TUMBLR FEED