Cell Phones

Here's the thing about me and cell phones. We don't go well together. Kind of like water and oil. We are completely separate. I'm either losing my cell phone, not knowing which pocket it's in, never hearing it ring or just not answering it completely.

Here is the other thing you should know about me: I'm not a very good multi-tasker. What does this have to do with my cell phone? Glad you asked. Almost 95% of the time a person calls me I am usually doing something else. It can be the smallest of things, like, just talking to someone else, drinking my coffee, watching a movie, working, playing disc golf. And I just can't do both at the same time. Interrupting another conversation (rude), putting my coffee down (it gets cold), pausing a movie (then I forget what is happening in the plot), stopping to work (we all know what happens when we stop to work), bogeying the 10th hole (then I'm like +4).

Basically it is all about me when it comes to answering my cell phone. So don't take it on yourself. It's not that I don't like you.

It's not you, it's me.

-r

1 comment:

jason said...

the wisdom here.. oh so deep. the truth you speak of... mmmmmmm.

TUMBLR FEED