Was + Is (a post unrelated to English grammar)

I can't seem to create a balanced post. I realize I have been posting pictures in the last few entries. I guess there's nothing interesting in my world. Check out this article if you get a chance though:

Shane Claiborne - What If Jesus Meant All That Stuff? - Esquire Magazine

I read this guy's book The Irresistible Revolution last year after losing my job. It opened my eyes to a lot of things. I've struggled and wrestled with my faith a good bit over the last few years. Thinking about things everyone, Christian or not, think about, I doubted and questioned. Why we hurt each other? Why do people that call themselves a "Christian" seem to hurt people more than people who reject who Jesus was?

I happen to believe Jesus was (and is) who he says he was (and is), and that almost makes me question things more. Maybe that's a good thing. But Claiborne has wrestled with similar things and you hear it in his book and especially in that well published article above. There are several good quotes. Here's a snippet:

The more I have read the Bible and studied the life of Jesus, the more I have become convinced that Christianity spreads best not through force but fascination.


I guess that's where I am. Studying the mystery of it all. And in that mystery and wonder I'm beginning to see some life.

I think.

-r

No comments:

TUMBLR FEED